Land Management Solutions
At Sandbox, we take a comprehensive approach to managing land assets. We realize that the needs of a Client and the scope relative to their land assets will vary based on market conditions, risk, tolerance and the business model of each client.
The experienced professionals at Sandbox have consistently been able to add value, mitigate risk and enhance efficiency at each stage of the Land Asset Cycle.
We Strive to understand the objectives and constraints of the Client in order to maximize the value-added during the feasibility period. Sandbox will compile thorough, accurate, and detailed summaries of project findings in a timely manner; keeping feasibility expiration dates in mind. We identify and assess potential development risks and provide recommendations and timelines to resolve any findings in question.
- Review Feasibility Reports (Soils, Environmental, Archeological, and Biological)
- Review Title Report, ALTA, Site Constraints, and Land-Use Restrictions;
- Research and Analyze Water, Sewer and Dry-utility solutions;
- Review Development Agreements;
- Assess entitlement risks;
- Review plans and specifications;
- Conduct site inspections and remaining-to-complete budgets;
- Prepare detailed report to assist in acquisition approval process;
- Provide additional support to Client in response to lender/corporate questions;
- Develop alternative scenarios and risk-mitigation plans
Every project includes four basic elements – Resources, Time, Cost and Scope – each of which is inter-related. A successful Project Manager must effectively and efficiently manage each of these elements.
When it comes to Project Management, we don’t delegate, we deliver.
- Develop project scope, objectives & deliverables;
- Assemble and manage the development Team through the regulatory processes;
- Create and manage Budget;
- Create and manage Schedule;
- Serve as primary point of contact for Client correspondence;
- Provide written project updates;
- Compile project-information package;
- Facilitate Project Close-out
We believe that success in the field is intimately dependant upon the ability to minimize ambiguities on the plans, communicate effectively in the bid specifications and execute efficiently during the pre-construction phases.
- Assemble bid packages with detailed scopes, plans and specifications;
- Request competitive bids from qualified contractors;
- Conduct “Apples-to-Apples” bid analysis;
- Recommend bid award to the Client;
- Draft contracts and award bids to the selected contractors;
- Provide monthly job costs/draw reports;
- Review all invoices and provide payment recommendations;
- Track and obtain contract addenda, P.O.’s and lien releases.
The Sandbox Team has strong relationships with the local municipalities and professionals. Most important of all, we have in depth experience working with national homebuilders; which provides us with an intimate understanding of the needs and constraints of an end-user.
- Review and assess applicable codes, ordinances and over-lay districts;
- Land-use Planning & Lotting Studies;
- General Plan Amendment;
- Re-Zoning / PAD Approvals;
- Community Participation Plans;
- Neighborhood Meetings and Public Hearings;
- Preliminary Plat Process;
- Final Plat and Improvement Plan Approvals;
- Design Review and Site Plan Approvals;
- Value Engineering;
- Lot-Fit Analysis;
- Easement Negotiation;
- Development Agreements
We bridge the gap between the entitlement and development of the project by preparing and coordinating development processes in advance. Our technical knowledge and attention for detail enables us to identify potential issues or conflicts early and provide solutions before they cause additional expense or delay.
At Sandbox, we understand that a finished lot requires more than just a City Final; in needs to be Builder Ready…
- Facilitate approval of entitlements and plans;
- Coordinate with engineering and other consultants to complete the plan approval process;
- Organize Pre-construction meeting;
- Obtain necessary permits;
- Project schedule critical path items;
- Prepare & maintain development budget;
- Dry utility design and contract coordination;
- Detailed field notes and progress reports;
- Site Management of contractors and construction activities;
- Conduct City Final and address punchlist items;
- SWPP and Dust Control inspections and reporting;
- Maintain a safe and secure job site;
- Facilitate hand-over walk wit Vertical Construction Team
- Risk Assessment;
- Secure incomplete entitlements;
- Complete land development;
- Site Inspections;
- SWPP & Dust Control Inspections
- Remaining to Complete Budgets
- Site Security
- Weed Abatement
- Asses HOA status/options